Wednesday, January 9, 2008

One down......

........a million more to go!

I have to say, that was as easy AND as hard as I thought it would be. My instructor, Tonja, is awesome. She loves running and is very dedicated to it. She actually goes to Running Expos and plans on attending the races with the best medals! She was a blast and really supportive.

I am not sure how far we ran, but it was 1 minute of Running, 2 minutes of Walking for six sets, then one more run. I was great the first three sets. All down hill and I was at the front of the pack. We turned around for the fourth set, which was also good. The fifth set was hard. I barely made it. And the sixth set, I could only manage about forty seconds.

For the final run, Tonya came back with me a basically willed me through the run. And we went 1:30 instead of one minute. I know to anyone reading that may not seem like a big deal. But when every second FEELS like a minute, that was huge for me.

So I feel great this morning. Going back tonight to run with the clinic again. I think the weather might be a bit cooler tonight though.

Thanks for the support M. You know I love ya!

No comments: