Thursday, March 18, 2010

I've Been Cleared - Three Things Thursday

  • The title says it all. I have been cleared to run! My appointment went great yesterday! All my tests came back ok, so they didn't find anything in the tissue that needs exploring further. And apparently (turn away if you think you will be embarrassed) the tissue they did remove was 95% mammary tissue. It was all boob baby lol! He told me not to play any contact sports for another month, but that I could return to my regular activity as soon as I feel comfortable. I was just so pleased with the initial outcome of this. It has changed my life already. And there is still a bit of healing left to go!
  • I went running again last night. 2k in 20 minutes exactly! So yeah, a 10 minute kilometre pace, but hey, I am just starting again right? Hopefully as I get better and things start clicking I will get a bit faster. I would LOVE to be able to run a 7:30 k by the end of the year. Is that too lofty a goal?
  • I had our niece with us this week for March Break. My sister is due to have her second child in May, but this pregnancy has been difficult for her. So to give her some much needed rest, I have been taking our niece during the day. Let me just say it has been a lot of fun. But there is not way in HELL I could have another child. Three is the PERFECT number!
If you have the time please head over to my BFF's page and take a moment to donate to Nolan's Dream Chasers. It is an amazing cause, one that helps a lot of children enjoy their life during it's most difficult time. Thanks again!

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Yahoo!!!!! No football for you, though. :)

Awesome on the run, too! You'll be right back into the swing in no time.

95% boobage.. ahahahah

Thanks for the linky love. :)