Monday, March 8, 2010

Best Laid Plans

My intended run did not happen. I woke up on Friday morning with a tweak in my back. As the day progressed, it became full on spasms. And I have been having then every day since. I am not going to the doctor because I already know what it happened. I have been doing more than I should have been and the muscles around my back and ribcage can't seem to handle it. Now I can't walk upright and feel like I vice is squeezing my right around the middle.

So now I am depressed that I STILL can't get out there and get going. I am so FRUSTRATED. And the weather is gorgeous this week. I wanted to take the kids out to do some stuff. Now it doesn't look like that will be happening either :(

Yesterday many of my friends and family including my hubby ran the first real "race" of the season here in Southern Ontario. I haven't tried The Chilly Half Marathon yet, but hopefully someday I will! Small Steps! Hubby was 4 SECONDS off his personal best, but he was happy with his time! My BFF got a personal best by more than five minutes. Congrats to everyone that ran and I hope to join you in the future!

2 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

You will definitely be at Chilly... just take care of you first :)

Marlene said...

Sorry about your back. :( My Mom said to tell you to TAKE IT EASY! She couldn't work for 6 weeks... don't do too much, my dear. Running can wait a little longer.

{{HUGS}}

Are we on for our lunch + movie date on Saturday? :)