Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Hump Day

Wednesday is here. Things are good.

While it looks like the skies may open at ANY moment, I am going out to do my last (gulp) set of 2 & 1's this evening. I didn't think I would be able to do 2&1's but I am! While Saturday was hard, I am still really pleased with how everything went. So I felt comfortable to go out Monday and do 9 sets of 2 & 1's. While I was slower, I still managed to do it and feel great!

So tonight I am going to do 10 sets. Then on Friday it is on to 3 & 1's. Can I do it? We'll see I guess.

In other news, my Mom was getting sick of all my complaining, so she went out and bought me an ELECTRIC CAN OPENER! Yay Mom! Thank you so much. Now it shouldn't take me five years to make anything anymore!

Speaking of can openers, opening cans means lots of sodium in our foods, which mean water retention. Eating on a budget doesn't leave much wiggle room for fresh beans and homemade soups! Any ideas out there?

And finally I made this and this last night for dinner. So good, and so bad!

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Well if you had told me you were making PW recipes, we would have come! (kidding!!) ;)

Good luck with your last set of 2 & 1's. You've got this! You're doing great.

I hear ya on the sodium... wish I knew a solution. Don't eat canned food before WI. :p

Unknown said...

Well if you like homemade soups (on the cheap) I can send you a fantastic recipe for carrot & ginger soup. So, so, so good.

Unknown said...

Oh, and good for you for getting out there and tacking on the extra 2&1's. You'll do great with the 3&1's too, I'm sure of it.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

hope those 2&1's went well and i know you'll do just as great with the 3&1's!