Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Good Playlist

I have become aware that I just cannot run without some music. That may change in the future, but right now it is sometimes the only motivation that I have to get going. I have tried to make my own play lists, but I just end up loading my iPod with songs that I love. Before I know it my play list is 200+ songs (yes, we have a lot of music). And then I end up skipping through them while running. It slows me down and it is such a pain in the butt!

I finally caved and asked hubby to build me a play list. C is also a music runner. He has only run 1 race without it. He is just a lonely runner lol. So he went to work and made me an AMAZING play list for this last week of 1 & 1's:

1979 - The Smashing Pumpkins
I Gotta Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas
Lazy Eye (Jason Bentley Remix) - Silversun Pickups
Everlong - Foo Fighters
LoveGame - Lady GaGa
Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) - Beyonce
Waking Up In Vegas - Katy Perry
4 Minutes - Madonna
If You Seek Amy - Britney Spears
You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
Dare - Gorillaz

This play list is about 45 minutes long and it is AWESOME. First of all, he knows me way to well. I couldn't even put a play list like this together and it is perfect. When Lazy Eye came on, I actually started laughing because it is my FAVORITE song and it came in at the hardest part of the run for me (at about 1k I always want to quit).

Today I even caught myself singing along OUT LOUD. I am not sure what the 70 year old lady I ran by thought a "Disco Stick" was lol!

Thanks baby!

*************************************

So 1 & 1's are done. Wow. I didn't think I would be able to do it. But I did! Now it is on to 2 & 1's. And I don't think I can do it!?! Can I? We'll see I guess.

3 comments:

Colin said...

You're welcome Sweetie! I've got to get started on playlist #2. It'll be tough to beat this one though!

Marlene said...

Great playlist! Can Colin make one for me? Haha.

AWESOME job on the 1&1's. I'm proud of you! Go get those 2&1's!!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

You'll rock those 2&1's! Great playlist!!