Thursday, April 3, 2008

Whaaaaaaaaa?

So this has got to be the most beautiful day so far this spring. I dragged out the stroller, bundled up the kids and hit the road for some much needed fresh air.

We headed to the bank to do some business, then back to the Superstore. The air was nice, but a coffee would have been perfect. Anyone that knows me, knows I loves me coffee. And I am not a snob. I will drink it from anywhere: Tim Hortons, Second Cup, Starbucks (might be a fave) and a little place here in Aurora called Zavida's.

Zavida's is a little coffee shop that always sees it's doors open and it's store full. They have over 50 fat free coffee shot options, which I love. So I can have a black coffee with a shot of vanilla flavour, or maybe caramel. Or my fav, chocolate truffle and irish cream. MMMMMM.

So I would stop at Zavida's after the bank on my way back to the Superstore. As we come closer, I can see the blinds facing the north side of the store are all down. Makes sense, the sun is right there and it must make the inside of the store pretty hot. But as I get closer....it's not blinds, it's brown craft paper. Oh, I think, they must be doing renovations. That's too bad, I really wanted that coffee. So I stop to read the sign, thinking maybe they would be announcing a grand re-opening. Here is what it said:

Dear Valued Customers:

It is with deep regret that we inform you the lease on our space has not been renewed. Our last day of business was April 1st, 2008. This comes as a complete surprise to us, as I am sure it also does to you.

It has been our pleasure to serve the people of Aurora over the past ten years. We will be back again in a new location sometime in the future. Until then, please take care.



Uh, WHAT? Needless to say, this is a shock. I can't help but wonder if the Starbucks going up on the corner on Pedersen and Bayview had anything to do with this?

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Aw bummer! I never did make it in there...