Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Muffin (Wo)Man

Do you know the Muffin (Wo)Man?

Tomorrow night Mama gets a night off from being a Mama and gets to spend the evening with some amazing ladies.  In my time at work I have met some incredibly strong and funny woman that have become very good friends.  We are all different yet the same. Even though I spend a lot of time at work with these ladies, I very rarely get to see them in "the real world". So one of them is arranging a "Twilight" night.  It should be a blast!

I agreed to bake something to bring, along with the movies.  Since I am busy all day tomorrow, I bit the bullet and made the cupcakes today while Con Man and The Boo were in school.  While Cam Man was napping I set forth to make "Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing".

If you know me well, you know I LOVE TO BAKE. Christmas is an especially awesome time of the year. So I wasn't really worried when I began.  I am not sure I will be making this recipe again though.  But there are a few things I will do differently if I decide to try again:
  • Wear clothing that you would never wear in public.  Because Red Food Coloring leaves a nice permanent mark.
  • Also remember to turn OFF the electric mixer.  Do not turn it UP, as that creates a red MESS all over the place
  • You are not Martha Stewart, so do not attempt to ice the cupcakes like her.
I swear, they will taste better than they look, I PROMISE!

No comments: