Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Another Crazy Idea...........

......from the mind of Sarah!

So I have decided, after talking with hubby, that I will not be running again until at least January. There are many reasons why, but mostly, I don't want to risk injuring myself right now. Especially with three little babes to look after. But I do want to get my walking back to where it was. I was able to walk a half marathon the fall before I found out I was pregnant with Cameron.

So in an effort to keep myself accountable (at least in the exercise department) I have decided to walk in a "race" for every month the rest of the year!

Now before everyone gets excited I have no real intention of racing these races. They are simply there as a reminder that I cannot sit on my butt every night when Colin comes home from work. So, the races are as follows:

Toronto Women's 5k
Scotia Waterfront Marathon 5K
Run4Rett
Whitby Waterfront Races 5k
Resolution Run

All are 5k races and my only goal is to complete them BEFORE they close the course!

I was also pleasantly surprised to discover I have returned to my pre-pregnancy weight before Cam! At only 2 weeks post partum that is nice. It's nice to fit into my old clothes already!

3 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

you can definitely do it! Go Sarah!! :)

Marlene said...

Good idea sticking to walking for a bit, and this sounds like a fun way to keep you motivated. Looks like I'll be seeing you at just about all of those races.

Big congrats on the weight!!!

Unknown said...

What a great plan, I'd love to do something similar when I'm feeling up to it. At only 3 days post partum, racing is the last thing on my mind! And congrats on the weight!!! That's awesome, I hope I can be similar!